Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dog in Charge

 
Dog In Charge
Author: K. L. Going
Illustrator: Dan Santat
Publisher: Dial Books for Young Readers, 2012
 
Love, Love, Love this book and so glad it has found a forever home on my shelf! I can't wait to share this book with the kids. I'm going to have to buy a case of books to give them to all my animal loving book friends.
 
Why do I love this book? Let me count the ways..... in no particular order because that just wouldn't be possible. 
 
1. Santat ~ he uses vibrant colors
1. Santat~ sneaky illustrator and you must pay attention
1. Santat~ you could erase the words and still tell the story
1. Santat ~ facial expressions
1. Going ~ use of perspective! According to the author bio she has 2 cats.
1. Going ~ Dog! She has to have a dog or maybe she has read a lot of dog books? 
1. Going ~ use of voice. She makes it easy to "hear" the dog's voice.
1. Going~ Reminds me of my babysitting days which thankfully worked out in the end (mostly)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment